View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 11:51 PM   #23
horvath

Hey, Bob

Re: Puttin' 15" all the way around, I'm just talking about the looks of the truck ... wondering if it wouldn't look better. I like the way the rear tires sit in the well, but the fronts ... I dunno -- I'm thinking I might like 'em to fill the well up more than they do. I wouldn't bother with it, but if I discover the wheels are causing the shimmy and I have to get new wheels, then I'll be considering the idea, you know?

I just lowered the back, Friday, with 3 inch lowering blocks (the truck had a pretty extreme rake) ... it helped my camber settings bigtime, but didn't effect the shimmy at all!

U-joints and wheel bearings have been checked and are fine ... haven't checked the pinion angle though.

Tires have been balanced at two different places ... no change ... but that doesn't mean that couldn't still be the problem.

A closer inspection of the wheels is in order at this point ... maybe something is to be discovered about the front disc brakes (11 inch rotors and calipers from an '82 Monte Carlo) ... or it could be the Cragars not sitting right even with the Vari-lugs? I dunno, but it's the last of my mechanical needs and must be settled before I can sleep easy nights!

Thanks for all your input.