View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Re: Adjusting Camber & Caster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hayley View Post
When I did a rough measurement to give me time before getting an alignment, I did it with the wheels on the ground.
Thanks Alex, it was one of your old posts I read when searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
First off what did you do??? some times the toe in/out may get a bit bumped out but not the caster camber?

anyway you need to do it on the ground..............
I'll try to make this short, since owned it has pulled to the left D/S tire worn on outside edge, could not have the alignment done as all the suspension and steering was worn out and needed replacing. Just re-did the front end all new parts so took it to have the Tracking/Alignment done, but here in the UK they will not touch Camber/Caster on a vehicle they know nothing about, I mean it's up on the ramp and the guy says "so what is it?" I tell him Chevy C10 and it was pure luck when they discovered that Chevrolet C10's wheel alignment settings were on there computer database amongst all the Renaults and Toyauto's. So he adjusts it for Toe and the readout shows that the Camber is out but that can't be done, so I leave and it feels better but still pulls to the left, better than before but still pulling.

Here's the readout for those that understand this stuff.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote