View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: Building a Garage, Few ?

Ok a couple things to take into consideration....all your walls should be divisable by 4 any other # is a waiste because of the length of lumber....also 10 foot ceilings are a great idea...pour your floor and a 2' high knee wall then add you 8' wood walls above....this makes it so you can wash the floor or run heavy stuff in to the botom and it won't hurt it.....

my gargage is 24 x 28 its ok I manage but I think that if it was 28 deep X 32 long it would be much better without over kill

to give you an Idea my 70 LWB with the gate tight to the door there is room for a fridge or bench in front but your not going to have much room for more theres about 3 feet in front

would I would suggest is getting some grade stakes and some ribbon then doing a lay out in your yard to get a feel for the space

also opt for the 10 high by 12 doors and 2 man doors....when it comes time to build check your LOCAL lumber yard.. alot of places ( like Hammonds Lumber here) have kits or prefabbed walls and truss's than are cheap and quick!! and don't forget windows,LIGHTING, insolation (also one of the things thats cheaper to farm out than do yourself)
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote