View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
fixit-p

Re: popping glass fuses

lt704, you didn't confuse me I was just trying to get on the same page, IMO the hardest part of threadshooting is fully understanding what the OP and posters are trying to say and making assumptions can lead you in the wrong direction. When I said
Quote:
it doesn't make sense that unplugging the connectors would have an effect because all indicators point to the white wire which is in the cab.
I had assumed that you disconnected the taillight harness but if LHM is right that you disconnected the wrong plug (and I think he is) it now makes sense because if you removed the bulkhead plug then the cab has no power.

You say that the PO removed the dome light assy but since turning on the dome light causes the fuse to blow when the lights are on indicates that there is a circuit present (could be a short circuit or too large of a load) just to verify, are you are using a 20 amp fuse?

Quote:
Originally posted by:Abraham Lincoln "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine."
fixit-p is offline   Reply With Quote