View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #8
SCOTI

Re: Which bag brackets?

Quote:
My stock coil just had one big bolt holding it in on the top, in the center. The hat looks like it needs 2 smaller holes on each side of center, leaving the center for the air line. Or are you saying run one bag bolt up through the frame, and leave the other one short?
The 'hat' in those previous pics does not have the retaining bolt attached yet. The retaining bolt does fit exactly where the original coil spring bolt went. If you don't use the 'hat', you'll have to drill all the holes (2 smaller holes on each side of center plus the center for the air line). I attached some new pics that would be a direct bolt in deal. The previous pics I welded in an offset stud.

Quote:
As for the shock relocators, is that on the rear?
And is that both top and bottom?
Does the front also need relocators?
Yes.
Yes.
Possibly....

Quote:
Finally, the panhard bar. Can I keep the stock stud on the differential, and stock bracket on the frame?
I read here that the bar rubs some C-notches. I was going to use a CPP or Suicide notch.
You can utilize the stock stud on the pumpkin, but using an aftermarket bracket on the pass side trailing arm is better even though they possibly interfere. Check w/Porterbuilt on his Panhard bar set-up.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-15-2010 at 02:13 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote