View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #168
nlped

Re: Mcgaughys Big Brake Kit

Well, I finally replaced all of the o.e. brake hard lines with s/s ones. I also put the disc/disc p/v from CPP in the stock location so I could do away with the gutted stock p/v. Less moving parts should mean less items to fail . So now the entire braking system is new except for the pedal .

I took it out and really drove it a good bit yesterday, and it stops like a champ, but the pedal is still a little lower than I would like. I have bled and bled the system and have no air in the lines, M/C, or p/v. It's almost like the push rod from the Brake Booster into the Corvette M/C (A new Booster, new CPP Corvette M/C w/ a strange looking "bullet" piece as the pushrod extention) may be a bit too short and it isn't engaging right off. Ever heard of this?

Oh, and N2Trux, the parking brake cables they send with the kit are for a pickup and are a bit too short for the Blazer. I am going to move the stock parking brake bracket back so the cables will work properly. I am thinking this could be my problem with the pedal as well, as the parking brake adjustment is responsible for the rear brake "air gap". I'll work on this one night this week.

I added the pics just to show the existing set up. The m/c has since been sanded and painted, so it looks way better than this pic.
Attached Images

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha

Last edited by nlped; 08-29-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: pics added
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote