View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #1756
menace121978

Re: Finally "Silvers" build thread!! ('78 swb 2wd silverado)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
WOW, were the holes for the locks and windows cut that crooked from LMC??

Dennis, for the love of God man, since you have the drive shaft in now make sure the tranny is in neutral before starting it, OK?!
thanks for the advice Bob! that would be tough explaining 3 totaled out cars at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggin86 View Post
they are 20x8.5 playa
thanks bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v502 View Post
Yeah the cut for lock and window is kind of bigger than the switch's so they keep moving around. I get different door panels later when i redo my interior.
that is pretty bad. i will for sure go with a stock door panel now. thanks 502!

well i worked on the gauges and bezel for about 6 hours yesterday and came to the conclusion that the 2 5/8 gauges just have too big of a face on them. no matter what they just didn't look right. you could see them if you move your head around. i ended up sending them back yesterday for the 2 1/16 size. i'm pretty confident that i can get them to work and look like they belong recessed without cutting on my new bezel or taking the gauges apart. its hard for me to pry the trim ring off brand new $100 gauges to make them fit right. and i wasn't too thrilled with having to cut up my new bezel either.

so the plan is to get another black metal piece from another cluster and take a 16th off so the gauges will mount just like before and hope the new bezel will sit flush without trimming and i'll be able to see the entire face of the gauges while being recessed like the originals! i'll post pics of the 2 5/8 gauges mounted and you can see what i'm talking about after work today.

1978 Silverado (2wd, 1/2 ton, short bed)complete nut & bolt frame off restomod LQ9/4L80E
MY LS SWAP/FRAME OFF BUILD BOOK

2006 TBSS way too much to list