View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #155
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I got out and worked on the blazer some more last week on Labor Day. As everyone that has followed this thread knows I have practically replaced all of the metal in the floorboards. Once I got the passenger side rocker panel in I figured I could count everything in that section of the truck done as far as metal work is concerned. As I was sitting back, looking at my achievement I noticed a small quarter sided hole in the bottom of the firewall. I am starting to think the rust is growing faster than my cutting wheel!

The small section cut out of the bottom of the firewall.

The donor piece from a parts suburban trimmed and fit into place waiting for the welder.

As simple as that was it was just the warm up for the most critical challenge in this build. The repair of the dreaded blazer windshield frame! Overall mine wasn't in too bad of shape but it still needs plenty of patching. First step. Go back to the donor cab that I cut the floor out of.

It was a little harder to cut out than I thought because without the floor the cab immediately buckled but I got the needed section out!

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote