View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #238
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Well, no real big update right now, but I filled the tank on Thursday and got a new high mileage to report....

20.88!! Yessir, almost 21mpg in town, stop and go, front and rear A/C cranked, fan clutch on, rush hour--pretty much everything that will kill mileage numbers and I got 20.88.
Woo-hoo!!
Well that was wierd. After this tank I got 15.11 out of the next tank and 16.49 out of the one after that. The conditions they were achieved under were no different from the high mileage tank and I always buy my fuel from the same vendor. I could tell from the gauge that fuel was being burned faster than previous, but I was not driving it any differently or anywhere differently--everything same-same. After the second tank I was beginning to wonder what was up as a five mile drop in mileage is quite significant and could indicate a component issue or something failing.

So this last tank of fuel which ended today, seemed to burn at a slower rate than the two previous tanks. I filled up on the way home and lo-and-behold, I was rewarded with a new high mileage--21.66!! Almost 22mpg!! I felt that this was going to be a good one, but I am wondering what was up with the last two as they are complete anomalies in regards to previous mileages of late. Strange. Anyways, I have a new record and I am liking it. Hopefully it will be followed by a similar tank next time. We'll see.