View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
lha1992

Paw Paw's 1989 Chevy Silverado C1500

Hey everyone! I'm kinda new, I joined a few months back saying I was gonna get a '72 cheyenne longhorn. Well the deal fell through and really the truck was in really really bad condition so I just let it go.

Instead, I got my paw paw's '89 Chevy Silverado that he bought brand new back in 1989. He bought it at Jerrel Davis Buick in Meridian, Ms from his son who worked there. They had to get the truck from there sister dealership in Tupelo, MS since they only sold Buick and Chrysler at theirs. My granddad gave me the truck back in 2005 when I was 13. He saw I always took care of it and he came to me one day and handed me the keys to the truck. Sadly, my paw paw past away in November of 2007 at the age of 86. He fought in WWII and was a POW. Man do I miss the stories he would tell us of the war.

Finally after quite sometime (and waiting for a shipper to actually confirm to picking the truck up) I shipped the truck up here to Washington State. Now, I wanna bring the truck back to what it looked liked when I was a kid riding around with my paw paw and maw maw.

Here's what i'm looking at doing to the truck over the next few months:

Full repaint of the truck, it still has the original stuff but its badly dulled out.
Recover the headliner, bench seat, sun visors, and pull the carpet and shampoo.
Replace the front windshield and reseal the rear windshield.
Replace bushings, struts, and shocks.
Sand the wheels and repaint them black.
Have a spray in bedliner put on.

And heres some pics of the truck:

I took out the headliner and the visors out to recover them. Soon I will have the bench done too.

About the engine compartment, it came from Mississippi and went down dirt roads and yeah you can see Lol. I will be giving it a good cleaning this weekend.
Thanks

Last edited by lha1992; 10-02-2010 at 09:21 PM.
lha1992 is offline   Reply With Quote