View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #245
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
Thats an awesome suburban. Makes me wish I had put a Cummins in my 68 C20 instead of the 5.3.I got about 11 mpg hauling a travel trailer and motorcycle from Arkansas here. I'm in Tonapah working the outage at Palo Verde. Love the pics of the scenery. I'm hoping to make it that way on my days off. Be on the bike and following more traveled roads than you though. Great stories. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see the burb in passing someday.
Thanks, glad you liked them!! Hey, 11mpg really isn't much to cough at. The weight of the truck and the trailer along with wind resistance figured in, it sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
You didn't happen to paint that thing a sunburst orange metallic color and put a black pipe roofrack on it did you? I saw 1 going west on 10 near Buckeye the other day. Nice looking ,but only saw it for a few seconds. Also saw a nice gold C20 with gold topper up in Phoenix. Got some nice ones around here.
Nooooo, no paint!! I don't think I recall seeing the one you are referencing around here. Yeah, there are definitely some nice examples of these trucks around here. So what is the outage at Palo Verde??