View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #250
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Well, kind of a sad update today (for me anyways).

Sometime this afternoon a huge storm blew through the valley and hit where I work really hard. It brought torrential rain and golf ball sized hail. I got back about an hour and a half after it finished and there was still four inches of it in shady spots in the parking lot.

Needless to say, vehicles got pretty destroyed--panels destroyed, mirrors busted off, headlights busted. There are two brand new Ford trucks in the lot that got banged up pretty bad. I thought mine might fare well because of it being made of old, thick metal, but no such luck. The hood looks like a golf ball, the windshield is destroyed, and it is kind of hard to tell, but it looks like the roof got it pretty good too.

The busted up windshield scattered little shards of glass all over the interior of the truck. The wind blew so hard and the rain was so torrential that it blew right past the door seals on all three doors and soaked the seats. So, not only did I get to drive home looking through a busted up windshield at a dented hood, I got to do it sitting on a wet seat that was covered in glass.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.