View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #106
68 short step

Re: project " Blue-Ray"

more progress to report, got the new aluminum be cool radiator...the mounting blocks were a bit to long for the factory style rad. hold downs...after looking at the big, ugly, 'plate style mount' i chose to shorten the blocks on the radiator and use the better looking hold downs...once it was trimmed down to fit, i put the electric fans on, and upper/lower rad hoses...ran my heater hoses (added a nice heater hose clamp), hooked up the steam line with a 'T', and the cooling system was complete..also put the hood on...then it was off to get tuned...the tune turned into a complicated matter, the computer i ordered was a e38 PCM from schram, and a t42 TCM....i received them both, and installed them... little did i know that that particalular PCM was outta a 06 v6 impala... so what we had to do was buy the HP tuner lience for that yr impala, and once we had that, we did a entire rewright of the PCM, for a 08 silverado with a 5.3 and DOD...once the PCM had the right software installed, then we could begin the actual 'tune' process....Glen worked his computer vu-do magic on it, and it came alive....once it was running i headed back home, only to get get 3 miles from the house, and run outta gas on the off ramp of the highway ( its kinda my friends fault, he talked me into passing the gas station in favor of trying to get to one closer to my house)... so once the truck was stopped, and not starting, we had to Mcguyver it... i had a old anti-freeze jug, behind the seat, and some plyers under the seat....so i disconnected the fuel line off blue-ray, and jumpered the fuel pump relay to fill the jug... once it was filled, i had my friend pour it into old red, while i took pics....it was a long trip.....but here are a few videos of the beast...(first vid, the sound isnt great, but the second video says it all)

Last edited by 68 short step; 10-10-2010 at 09:36 PM.
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote