View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #106
snoopy0775

Re: My 1954 Chevy PickUp-truck

Hi,
after a long time without news from me iīm come back to my thread with some very bad and sad news:
Last Wednesday i was taking home my rolling and assembled Chassis from the bodyshop..the guys there have done many hours of good bodywork. For example they mounted the hole front (fenders, hood, radiator support etc) to arrange and look after an equal clearance on all sides/body parts.
Now, after all this work was done i was taking home my rolling chassis (reassembled the bodyparts like cab, hood etc) to bring it in the save garage for the day assembly would be start.
When i was home and trying to unload the Chassis from the trailer the disaster starts at the point, where the hook from the cable winch released from the belt with which the Chassis was hold to the winch. :-(
Now the Chassis was rolling down the lifted trailer, the front end running sideways of the trailer and the whole Chassis was falling down to the ground. Just a tick later the falling Chassis was "catched/slowed down" by the front end of the frame. :-((
The result of this accident:
Badly deformed front end (axle and frame ends), partially damaged powder-coating, damaged control arms, damaged oilpan and partially damaged stearing gear.

I canīt tell you how frustrated i am :-((( this accident broke my heart....all the time, all the money (oh a lot of money i can tell), all the excellent work just destroid in a few seconds.
The oncoming week i will going to measure if i can repair it again or if this project is going to itīs badest end....picture will follow.

Regards from germany,
yours Robin

PS: Sorry for my bad bad english....i know itīs not perfect, but iīll hope you understand whats going on last week.
snoopy0775 is offline   Reply With Quote