View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #73
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: Pics of trucks in Primer Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
It certainly looks cool. Nice layout and execution. And I like how personalized it is at a very affordable price. An inexpensive paint job can be very liberating. If I had a $5,000 paint job it would probably never leave the garage for fear of getting a chip or scratch.
I didn't catch this at first Mark, thanks! Unfortunately there is detail in the paint that the camera just can't pick up. I took a lot of time to run a small 1/4" or so stripe on both sides of the main larger stripe, trying to make it appear like the factory GM stripes from the 60's. I've done several rattle can jobs for myself and my friends, and I am actually quite proud of this one.

What you mentioned about not wanting to drive a car with a 5K paint job is exactly why I have been buying my own paint equipment lately. I have to drive my cars, to not would drive me insane, so by doing it myself I may never have a show car paintjob (not interested in that anyhow), but my paintjobs will be affordable and I will NEVER be afraid to drive it.

Also Mark: thanks for the link on those disposable filters, I've been looking for just that for a while now.

Last edited by fryer1979; 10-28-2010 at 01:53 PM.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote