View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Shaun1162

Re: new truck opinions needed thanks

I guess I have a bit of experince with both of threse trucks. My Dad uses a Canyon (2 wheel drive/ext cab) as a back-up truck at work. It's got the 2.9 and the 5 speed, but he kind of regrets going with the 4 cylinder.. The salesman said he wouldn't like it without the bigger motor, but my Uncle didn't think it'd make much of a difference. I can't really comment on the gas mileage of it, but it carries a full load everyday it's used. I drive a 2010 Silverado (Reg cab, short bed, 4x4, with the 4.8) and love it. I had a 99 with the same options before this one, and it's a huge difference in ride. Right now I get about 17MPG, but thats all around town driving (it might have gone on the interstate twice now?). There's a few small things that bug me on it, but so far no real complaints. I see your in NH too... I'm guessing you'd want a 4x4? When I was shopping for a new truck I thought about a Colorado/Canyon, but honestly they're almost the same money, and you get alot more with the fullsize.
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote