View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #2201
pvkj454

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

[quote=DetroitDan;4292593]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvkj454 View Post

I don't know about the lugnut area, but anybody who is still using lead wheel weights needs to get with the times. Internally balanced tires last longer, wear better, and can't throw a weight. I have used it in 3 sets of dually tires, I will never use old fashioned weights again. With internal balance the tire is automatically balanced for the life of the tire. As the tire wears and changes, it remains balanced. Lead weights are only right when you balance them, every day you drive the tire wears and the lead weights are losing effectiveness. That's why you are supposed to rebalance them every year.
DynaBeads and CounterAct are two of the bigger names in the business. You can actually use a lot of different things, I've even heard of guys using antifreeze!
In addition to not scratching the finish of an expensive wheel, they also provide for a nice clean look. Rim weights or even stick on weights that are visible detract from the beauty of the wheel.

I'm going to add a picture of a crewcab here so Tito doesn't get mad at me for going offtopic ;>
I was going to use DynaBeads but according to their website and their tech dept that I contacted by phone, they do not work when using 19.5 wheels and tires on a pickup truck. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/P...h19.5_22.5.pdf

Last edited by pvkj454; 11-14-2010 at 11:52 AM.