View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #2210
pvkj454

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I love your truck! Nice job! How well do those tires work once you get off the road?
I have never had them off road or in the mud but I don't think they would do well at all with the strait ribs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitDan View Post
Is it just me or am I seeing a lot of late 80s trucks with early 80s front bumpers? Or did I miss something along the way? Are people doing it on purpose to have the parking lights and turn signals down in the bumper? I don't think the factory did that in 86. Mine looks like that now, it's an 82. I've already ditched the hideous 82 egg crate grill in favor of an 87 style (my favorite), I do have a new bumper but I won't change it until I gather together the pieces to put the park/turn lights behind the grill. Just wondering. It actually doesn't look bad on any of these trucks, but I'm still changing mine because the 82 bumper is rusty and the 87 one is new.
I had to go with the 82 bumper when I switched from 2 to 4 headlights. The intercooler is too big for marker lights in the grille.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

PK