View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #2723
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I think adding a louver of any sort would take away from cleaning up the truck. If it was me, I would try harder to resist the urge.

Also, what about using a bonding adhesive like 8115 in the hood seam vs. welding it?
Thanks for the input. I did think about it and believe the louvers would look good on a truck, but not mine. You are right, I'm after a clean paint job.

While 8115 is a great product, I don't feel comfortable using it in that way. I have no proof it wouldn't work, just a gut feeling. I think about the expansion difference between metal and 8115. I think it could show up in the paint eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
At SEMA I was talking to Michael from Sir Michaels. I found out that he lives only a couple of miles from me in Oak Hills. He moved the whole Sir Michaels business to his house. He said they are coming out with stick on louvers that look real. I'll have to see them. He also does real louvers at his house. How convenient
Here's his web site. One of the roll pan pictures that flashes on is my sons Silver S-10.
Thanks for the link and info.

I've mentioned it before about how I want to do my seats. Orange and black houndstooth inset with Black wrap.

I found it by the yard here
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote