View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

True, true. However, when it's free...I really have to consider the possibility of using it. It's when things snowball and the, "while I'm at it, I might as well do this..." comes along that things get out of hand.

I don't have the money to do it now. And something else might come up. But, if I scrap together a couple hundred bucks, I'll have to consider throwing it together even with a stockish rebuild, and shoving it into my car. Or truck, for that matter.

That much torque is just so tempting. I mean, it moved a '72 Delta 88 effortlessly - even with two cows in a trailer behind it. With a two barrel intake! So, maybe it's nostalgia and pipe dreaming, who knows.

With my planning, it'd cost me roughly 300-350 to put it back together. That includes starter, water pump, lifters, gaskets and bearings, along with a four barrel intake, etc. A few more dollars for a cam, etc. 455's are fickle *****es, it seems. So, if nothing else I've been learning alot. lol.

It costs me nothing to think and plan, and it was a great diversion from measuring and squaring up my rear suspension, because I was getting pretty frustrated with it. Haha. But, alas. Now we're back to work on the things that matter.

To the garage!

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote