Thread: Silver Dollar
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #129
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Silver Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Awesome progress! Glad to see your past the paint portion of your build. As far as painting in your garage goes, I have painted several cars on a dirt floor barn. Yep, you will get some dust in your paint, nothing that won't buff out pretty easy. I only painted one in an actual paint booth, man was that nice! The last one I did I used my buddies portable home made booth, it worked pretty good too, just had trouble with my feet sticking to the plastic on the floor. check it out. LINK HERE
Thanks I am glad to be done sanding. and buffing. The next day after buffing one of my doors, my back was so frickin sore, I could barly move, I thought Id really hurt myself. Laid me up for three days.
I checked out your link. It Looks sweet. The plastic on the portable booth looked fairly thin or is that just a illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinstang70 View Post
Question... while looking through your pictures, I noticed your front brake lines exit on the rear side of your front crossmember... I just disassembled my chassis and I know mine exiting on the front... what gives? I think it makes more sense to exit in the rear... just curious why mine may be different.
Thanks... great build... can't wait to see the final product!!!
When I was putting those on, I kept referring back to my assembly manual, and they showed them going around the front as well. It just seamed to make sence for them to go in the back. Since the truck is pretty much custom thats the way I ran them. Did you check out the rears. I ran them through the frame instead of across the rear end. For a cleaner look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Have you done anything to correct the engine angle? Like you, I'm using the CPP tubular tranny crossmember and it seems to drop the tranny down way too low. This just doesn't look right, either on mine or on yours.

Yea, I ended putting a 1" square tubing spacer under the trans mount. that aligned everything right up. engine flattend out and the tailshaft is right where it should be. I think your right, they welded the mount upside down.

mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote