View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 AM   #50
way2lo2
way2lo2

Re: True C5 Rear Disc w/ internal parking brake in the works

IMO, I would get a some road time on the parts before having hundred of pieces cut. You may end up with some unexpected revisions and having thousands of dollars of brackets on the shelf that you don't want to use would suck. Corvette disc brake conversion brackets are pretty popular so a lot of people have got on the bandwagon(including me), there's probably 10 different companies offering them for popular cars like Camaros, Chevelles, etc. Thats why I stuck to making them for models no one else does like 61-65 full size buicks, 62-67 Novas, C10 drop spindles, MustangII's etc. Your on the right track, with the rear brackets for the trucks since I don't know anyone out there selling them(though I hear Kore3 is working on it). I think $225 is a fair price however some people would think otherwise, all the C5 conversion brackets I sell are between 100-125 and others I see advertised are $150 and down. (I see Speedtech raised their brackets to $179 recently). I'm not saying you won't sell some but I doubt you will go through hundreds. I did a run of Front 62-67 Nova Brackets 2 years ago because I had several customers' asking about them, I've installed about 10 sets and sold maybe another 10 mail order to the end user. Luckily I only had a hundred pieces laser cut so the investment wasn't huge but it was definitely not a get rich quick scheme for me. Again its just MHO but I wouldn't do a large run until you know those things turn into hotcakes, look around for some ma and pop type metal fab shops, I'm sure you can find someone to do a smaller production run, 10 maybe 20 sets, it might be more per unit for now but might be cheaper then having a bunch of money shaped like vette brake brackets sitting on the shelf.(ask me how I know). Good luck with your kit and if my C10 didn't already have Vette IRS under the back, I would spend the 225 with you.
Boris

Last edited by way2lo2; 12-10-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: typo
way2lo2 is offline   Reply With Quote