View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Mkcustums

Re: Lift shackles???

Your Suburban is a tension shackle not a compression shackle, so only way to get lift that way is to make it really short, that's not a good thing. Usually a lift shackle on these trucks is gonna lower it even more, plus should ride a bit smoother too. A lift shackle is usually longer, but in this case they would be short and possibly bind up the suspension.

Why did you switch the 5 for an 8? It wouldn't make it lower, but if you started with an 8 then yes but the 8 after the fact wouldn't. Also lots of things start coming into play when you compare one vehicle to another. Old saggy spring pack will be lower than a newer set, if there are over loads, 1/2 ton 3/4 ton.... ect. So if someone says it worked for them it might be different for you.

I watched that movie, if you start pulling leafs don't get too carried away. It can become too soft unless you get the bags filled, meaning a heavy truck not notched with minimal leaves will start hittin the frame. Plus axle wrap starts to get pretty bad too.

I hope some of this helps and doesn't just cause confusion. If it was me, I'd run 3-4 leafs, longest shackle possible, very small bupstops and bags to keep it up where I want it. Also if you do bags keep them seperated so the air doesn't transfer between the bags.
Mkcustums is offline   Reply With Quote