Thread: My 86 build
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #162
notrailerqueens

Re: My 86 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
No prob......I made my own flip in the back by cutting the perches off and welding them on the bottom of the axle. I never notched it then, but I took the bumpstops off, The axle never hit the frame at all unless I had something in the back. Later when I lowered the back end more by moving the spring hangers, I made a c-notch out of some 6" tubing cut in half and plated the sides. Then I had to change shocks cause the ones I had on were bottoming out. Still same shock mounts but with a set of front shocks. The front wheels would rub on the inner fenders if I hit a good bump so I took them out. The coils were ok after I cut them, but I wanted it lower so I bought bags and made some mounts. It has a bit of a lean from one side to the other maybe 1/2" or more... right now its dropped 9" in the back and about 7" in the front and hardly ever scrapes the ground.

like your current pics are a 7/9? oh wow ok maybe i do wanna go lower than i thought

your flip gave you like 6 right? when you moved spring hangers did you do like a drop spring or what? how big was your notch? and your still static in the rear right?

85' chevy long box, built by a girl!

My Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=429956
notrailerqueens is offline   Reply With Quote