View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
63whoopie

Re: Stupid Question of the day: 4.3 anyone?

I think that the consinsus is that the 4.3, while being a different and therefore interesteing conversion, would do me no better than swaping a LS/6speed which would have a greatly increased "fun" factor and get relatively the same milage. The price increase is definately different, but the money paid in difference I guess could be chalked up to just a driver vs. a driver that can also go fast Also, the work of swapping engine/transmission/and all the dang associated electronics is just the same amount of work. The 4.3 V8 sounds cool, but I can get a whole L more displacement (for which we all know there is no replacement) and 20 something mpg with a conservative foot and rearend gear, approx to what my 2008 F150 gets.
Has no one on this board actually done this, though? I just figured that as many creative folks as are on here, there would have been someone who would have tackled this. Or some V6 swap..... maybe a turbo V6 from the 80's Buick GS's? Something out of an import (gasp!)? There are alot of V6's, esp turbo stuff if the import crowd, that go for cheap and can make some assisted power. I know Hot Rod Magazine has featured some Camaros and oddball cars with inline or V6's. Just a thought...
63whoopie is offline   Reply With Quote