View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #47
Thadious

Re: v8 motor mounts with s-10 swap?

Here's a couple of pics from yesterday...

No idea what the measurements on the crossmember, but I can check... it's all weird angles... I just made the full long bar with the double bend on a 3 1/2" drop (could have easily made it 5") and the two long angles on the sides... layed it up, scribed the cut lines and fit it all (with the engine and trans where I wanted it and tacked it, then out and welded it up.

The bends are just a series of cuts (about 9) 1/4" apart that don't go through the outside face of the bend, bend (nice curve) and rewelded and ground back to shape.

The tabs are different heights due to the engine requiring offset to the passenger side by about 3/4" (tall ones go on the driver's side).

The engine mounts are just tacked in now, but when I pull the block and trans (swapping out the trans with a rebuilt here shortly) and weld them up fully, I be able to take better pics.

Cheers!
Ted.

PS Had to trim down the top tabs to 1 1/4" from center of bolt hole from the 1 1/2" shown... for intermediate shaft issues.... (shifted it sideways to passengers about 1/4")

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote