View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
67shortie
Green club

Re: Shreck's 6.0 build

Gees finally got a computer back up, the one in the family room went down mid December

Anyhoo, the engine is back from the machine shop, cam bearings installed and honed with new rings.

I also make my own mount adapter plates from steel bought at Lowes ($10). I drilled the 4 holes for the LS block bolted them on, dropped the block in the frame and bolted it to the trans. I did however had to move the stands back to the 6cyl spot to make it work. I kept the trans in the stock location so I don't have to move my shift linkage and keep the driveshaft the same legnth, and all looks great I am so happy. I still have to mock up the truck pan, water pump and fan. I am going the clutch fan route instead of electric, it's cheaper for me that way.

On a side note, a friend called me the other day and he scored a pullout '03 LQ4 with everything including the harness, computer, every mount/bracket, alt, starter, power steering pump, water pump/fan, truck pan, intake etc for about 1200, he is selling me all of the externals for $400. I did not hesitate when he asked to say yes....

I will get all of this on Saturday after work, and as soon as I get my photo program loaded on this I will post all of my pics I have taken as well.

Son you are going to drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod lincoln

Last edited by 67shortie; 01-13-2011 at 07:19 PM.
67shortie is offline   Reply With Quote