Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #328
J-Rod#7

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
J-rod, Welcome aboard. Your question is a common one. At the moment, if you want a full 'kit', from one manufacturer, I'd say that the Hotchkis TVS kit is it. But it comes with a price. But it does deliver. There are many ways to skin the cat here. First, How low do you want it?, What size wheel/tire combo?, Do you want to go air-ride? How much horsepower? Stick or auto? Most guys will go one step at a time, budget permitting, and piece the chassis together. If you use quality components, you can end up with a really nice truck. We are currently building a shop/test truck, a 72 sb, in the 67-72 forum (No Limit 72) Our plan is to do a step-by-step build, and test along the way at our local roadcoarse. I'm also working on a parts list to help guys piece together something that works. Give me some more info, and I'll give you some better feedback.
Thank you for responding...yea, 4 to 5 grand is quite a bit for a suspension kit.
I don't want it to low, i just want the stance to look good while being close to tires(19"mht wheels w/ToyoRA1), but handling performance is my #1 concern. I'm not trying to go air ride cause i usually involve that with slamming or towing. I'm also trying to pack some serious horses under the hood(600hp+) with a manual transmission.
Thanks again for the much needed advice!!!
J-Rod#7 is offline   Reply With Quote