View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #432
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Jimmy is parked outside again, but at least it's drivable now, so I can pull it back in if I want. I just wanted to make a brief update. I added up the misc things I needed to buy during the engine re-assembly and get-r-runnin phase, and came up with $141 for the new water and power steering pumps, oil dipstick, tranny filter, spark plugs, and a few other items, which brings the total spent up to $3251.

Another note, even when I was driving this around the farm yard a couple years ago, the steering was rough and jerky. I had kind of figured it was just from sitting so long and having air in the system or something. I replaced the pump anyway, and it solved the problem. It turns nice and smooth, no noise from the pump, etc. I need to replace the hoses yet, but they work for now.

What's next? Get the new rear brakes adjusted and working properly. Replace the tires and put on the new wheels. Replace the windshield, make sure the lights all work, clean up wiring, etc. to make it a legal, reliable driver for the summer. My son just turned 15.

Now I have a C-10 to get painted.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote