View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #17
rfmaster

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfisher View Post
Great thread! I've finally read through it all. Lots of good info. Pretty much every question I had was already answered. I've messed with TBI engines a bit and I'm pretty familiar with the components and their functions. After much reading and research I've just started my own project and with the help of this thread I've got my donor harness rewired for my application. It's a 92 454 harness originally equipped with an auto trans. Here's my first hangup. There no wire in the B7 pin. The first page of this thread indicates that this is designated "ESC, Knock Sensor signal to ECM". This harness has no ESC or KS plug in the harness. The harness had not been tampered with. Is the ESC not necessary?
Great diagrams and schematics!!!
Welcome to the thread
Some of 454 HD applications did not use KS and ESC module. These 454 HD (BCC) calibrations deliberately keep spark advance low thus keeping engine from knocking when under load. The purpose of KS and ESC module is to provide indication back to ECM when engine knock is occurring.
The question is what you're trying to do with your TBI swap - i.e what engine are you trying to EFI (350/454) and trany?

IRC HD 454 calibrations were used on on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

//RF

1975 Chevrolet C20 longbed
350/700R4! with 3inch body lift
Dual Flowmasters Super 40's!
TBI retrofit completed (2007-07-29)
New 383CID (+030) 08-304-8 9.5:1CR x36,005 (2012-12-17)
rfmaster is offline   Reply With Quote