View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
rfmaster

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I bought the engine and trans as a package from a friend here. The engine was replaced ~15K ago, but the stock TB and injectors were still in place. The injectors are 350 units as far as I know (he was wanting to upgrade them before he went to LS power). I did add a TB spacer, since it came with all of the parts. I will definitely check the min. idle screw; I had to somewhat assemble the TB, so it's entirely possible it has been moved. I am having a little trouble running down an adjustable TPS, though. Has anyone opened up the mounting screw holes to allow for any TPS adjustment? I thought maybe there was room for a Dremel tool (or similar) to get in there.
Can you post a photo of your TB - looking at TPS sensor. Early TB's (pre-90) had a lever style TPS, later TB's were direct shaft coupled. Early TPS were slotted since ECM did not have auto minimum auto reset capability. Later (90+) ECM have ability to auto zero idle voltage. Corresponding later TPS is direct shaft coupled (non lever style, compact connector). It is possible to use later ECM with older TPS style sensors, but not the other way around (old ECM with non adjustable TPS may give you fits).

To put this issue to bed please post TB service number stamped on the left front and ECM service and BCC numbers:

In the photo above TB service number is 17093030

Non adjustable TPS:

SBC TB 17093030

Early 87-90 BBC TB

Note different style IAC connector and large size TPS connector

Vacuum port identification - some TB's may not have them all

1975 Chevrolet C20 longbed
350/700R4! with 3inch body lift
Dual Flowmasters Super 40's!
TBI retrofit completed (2007-07-29)
New 383CID (+030) 08-304-8 9.5:1CR x36,005 (2012-12-17)
rfmaster is offline   Reply With Quote