View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #148
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Amen to that. Some guys get derailed when they get to a certain point in their build. Maybe it's the fact that they get in a hurry, hit a mental block and take the easy way out, or like the rest of us, take 15+ years to finish their truck and it goes through about 50 theme changes along the way.

I used to be vocal about what I liked and didn't like until a buddy stopped me dead in my tracks one day. We were at a show and we were looking at a car that had some real questionable work done to it, and as we were walking away, I unloaded to my buddy about how big of a POS it was. He turned to me and said, "at least he's driving his truck and having fun with it". He was 100% right, and I've never done that since. I keep my opinion to myself and respect other people's stuff no matter if I like it or not.
Good for your buddy.lol I just know how much work goes into building something so I keep my mouth shut. Plus I know that not everyone likes the same things. I am a true fan of the home builder and I love to see a home builder build something really nice. I don't get too impressed by the big shops, they should build nice things they have the tools, money, and hire talented people. But every now and then a shop blows me away when they do something different like that Iron Works black truck. I saw it at GoodGuys along with other projects they displayed. The plus was they were really nice people and spent the time to talk about the projects. All of them were killer rides and the guy did not brag and use the word "we" instead of "I" which I respect because you know its a crew that worked on those rides.

Last edited by Kabwe; 01-31-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote