View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #148
kikkegek

Re: Improve mileage 350 with Quadrajet

alrighty then!

Wednesday evening was the evening to do some cooling system cleaning and flushing:

First we let out all the old coolant. Man it was dirty, very brown, and lots of scale and sludge...can believe this system was filled with clean coolant last august.

then filled her up with clean water and put two cans of Wynns Cooling System Flush In her and started the engine. Let her run for about 10minutes.

I took picture from BEFORE and AFTER the flush. see if you can find the difference.

BEFORE

and AFTER

It is cleaner, but I was pretty dissapointed....

this is the result they put up on their website:

what we then did, was flush the system over and over again with clean water...for about two hours I think. Only then the water coming from the cooling system got cleaner. And in the end looked almost drinkable (NOT, hahahaha)...but it looked nice and clear.

then we filled her up with clean coolant. And I think we had the same problem everybody has when filling your system for the first time yourself. I could only put about 1,5 gallon of coolant back in...and then the system was full...hahahaha...ofcourse a lot of air in the engine...we loosened the thermostat house a little and let the air out...and then everything was fine. We filled her up again to the max and took her for a drive.

checked the coolant today and it is still clean....after 3 days of driving around...probably some 100 miles by now. So thats a good sign.

I was told this is my tempsensor. for some reason my gauge in the dash is till just saying 145-150F whiles the thermostat is 195F. So for some reason it is 40F off...

should this be my type of tempsensor?
http://d.pr/kRhN

one more question. I had bought new hoses for top and bottom of radiator. the new bottom hose had no spring in it,so I didnt use it. Now the guy from the shop checked again and he says that not all hoses nowadays have springs in them. Is this true? can I just use this hose without a spring in it?
kikkegek is offline   Reply With Quote