View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
Evil Trailblazer SS
Big Gulps Huh? Whelp...

Project Evil Tow Rig - '87 CC SRW Conversion

Well, I finally found my project truck...it's an '87 CC dually, 52,301 actual original miles, full service history, 454/T400/205. The truck has been sitting for years, the owner is an old boss of mine and he literally only starts it yearly to go smog and register it yearly.

It looks like some neighbor kids were playing basketball and dropped it on the hood, right on the center crease and the passenger side rear door has some weird old body work that didn't last, so I'll have to either skin it or replace it. Since I want a SRW, I'm going to drop the rear axle, aluminum dually wheels and the bed, which are all it great condition.

Really, the truck just needs a ton of cleanup work and paint...I went ahead and made a pretty big list of things to order with LMC, so as I strip and raplace everything, I'll update the build thread...it should move fairly fast because Evil needs a tow rig to haul her around!

List of "To-Do's"!

1. 6" spring lift (custom rear pack no sag...) and Rear Sway Bar
2. 35x12.50 BFG M/T KM2's on 17x9 Classic II's
3. Completely new interior, except for seat upholstery
4. Factory Tach Retrofit
5. O/D Shift Indicator
6. 4L80E swap with new ECM, Engine Harness and drivelines
7. Corporate 14 Rear Axle
8. Fleetside Spindle/hub conversion for Dana 60HD Front Axle
9. Fleetside Bed
10. Complete Billet Grille/Headlight/Trim Package
11. Full Tune-up on Engine w/moderate additions/mods
12. Full Body Work, Goodmark Cowl Hood and New Paint (Color Scheme Undecided...IDEAS???)
13. New OEM Front and Rear (plus mounting brackets for rear) Bumpers w/Hardware
14. Full Weatherstripping and Window Channel/Vent Window Replacement
15. All New Parking/Marker/Brake/Clearance Lamps w/Complete LED Conversions (LMC Marker/Brake LED Panel Conversion)
16. Any additions I am missing???