View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #16
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Shreck's 6.0 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67shortie View Post
For the 700R4 I have a flexplate from a LQ/4L80 trans that is hubcentric to the 700 converter, all I have to do is elongate the bolt holes to fit the older style converter and it has been said it will work with no issues. We will see, GM has a conversion flexplate that exists for about $50 that has the same part number mine has so I would imagine this is a production item already on a large scale to keep it inexpensive.

The TV cable, bowtieoverdrives sells a LS1 bracket assembley that will work with the cable operated throttle body, I still need to call them about adapting it to the truck intake. It does have an existing bracket bolted to it for the throttle cable and has another slot for I am assuming the cruise control.

I am going to keep the harness hookups to the 4L60 in case one day the 700 gives up or I decide to just go that route. Just going to have the tuner remove the trans functions in the computer for now. I have a brake pedal lockup switch already existing with the truck.
Hey, thanks for the info about the 700 conversion. I am always looking for ways to save cash too.

Your harness is looking very good too. I am not looking forward to that part of the money savings thing.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote