View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #173
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Some progress on the interior. Currently waiting on a set of new seat belts and the seats. Have a new clutch slave on order from Napa but other than that the interior is ready to go. The new stereo is in, tough as nails floor mat is in (Dynamat and insulation under it), and all the seat and seat belt holes have been located, which was a huge hassle through that thick rubber floor mat.

A while back someone asked if the Superbrite LED’s that I put in the cluster dimmed with the dimmer switch. To my surprise yes, they do. The lights are really brightened up the cluster too! I highly recommend them. It is nice to have a newer cluster that actually works. I haven’t had interior signal lights for years due to a broken printed circuit.

Once I get seats and belts and replace the slave it will finally be time for a good test drive to see about that possible transmission noise. I’ll deal with the seeping hose then too as I’ll need to drive it to the hydraulic shop to show them what needs to be fixed.

From this…

To this…. The center console had to be moved back 3 inches to clear the twin stick shifter.

How do you like the nice cargo net I borrowed out of a Chevy HHR rental car. It works great to keep winch controls, snatch straps, TP and gloves in.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote