View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
blazerboy_4life
70Custom10

Talking Re: Project Budget Build

Forgot to add my plans. Its a short fleet with a rotting steel bed. I picked up a pickup box trailer with a short step bed thats in better shape than my whole truck for $100. I pulled some suspension parts off to get the truck rolling safely and Ill use the trailer later. Im very undecided on which style I like better so as of right now Im planning on making some kind of quick release under the wheel wells so that I can quickly switch between the fleet and the step. Anybody ever done anything like that? Oh the step side box is wood bed and I will be converting the fleet over to wood too. I will be lowering it JUST a little. I only want to level it really. The new cab will be getting a shaved firewall including the master cyllinder and the truck will be loosing anything that is not necessary. I want it as simple and clean as it can be with nothing bolted to the body. The more lights and stickers and markers and... stuff attached to it the better chance of rust forming there so it will all go. Ultimate goal is a weekend show worthy daily driver. It will be driven year round none of this trailer queen stuff or caged up in the garage all winter.
blazerboy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote