View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #11
blazerboy_4life
70Custom10

Re: Project Budget Build

So I will hopefully be pulling my bed soon. Do you think I have anything to worry about with my frame?

Also this was the trailing arm that was on the truck when I got it. I pulled the good one from the parts trailer that I mentioned Earlier. I limped it to a local shop with the good trailing arm on and kindly told them I would pay them in cash if they could only loosen up the nut on the U-bolt so that I can switch out the bad for the good. I got turned away. Nobody wanted to break the u-bolt Soooo...
I made a stop at Advance auto parts and picked u a 24" 1/2' breaker bar for $15 then stopped by menards and picked up a 1/2" impact socket set for $10 and headed home. As it turns out that 24" bar still didnt give me the leverage I needed to break the bolt. Sure I could cut it but it didnt seem necessary at the time plus I didnt have a grinder or cutting wheel. I also dont own a compressor or an impact gun. So I pulled out my trusty cheater pipe which was another 24" and went to town in it! That d@mn nut was stuck on there so good It never even turned a 1/4 turn. I spun the whole end of the u-bolt off 1/4 twist at a time. It took me about 45 min and all the energy I had but when it came off there was a big loud *Bang* and I was relieved to finally be done with the d@mn thing.
Attached Images

blazerboy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote