View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #10
Devillusion

Re: project: Gangreen

Ok....well, made some progress over the past few days. Decided to drill out and tap the block to 7/16 NC, and put in some grade 5 bolts with a bit of locktite, and some lock washers. Tightened up the front bracket and seems to have worked pretty well. And I am happy to say that with a bit of coaxing, she's ALIVE! Running/driving up and down my lane a few times. Tossed in some SeaFoam to the crankcase and in the fuel tank for a bit, ran it for a while and will let sit and repeat a few times before I dump the oil again. Runs pretty smooth too....Trans seems to be excellent as well.

Did run into an issue with the back window though. The steel channel on the bottom of the window was rotten and the glass came out of it....no longer useable (channel that is, glass is fine). Anyone know if you can buy just that piece? This one is also electric to cable operated....window mech. wants to go down, but not up? Worked at first but now not. Tried a different handle/switch, same thing, and tried a different motor, still same thing only one way. Tried from the dash mount....same thing. I'm thinking it has to be a bad wire in the gate possibly? Just a guess at this point though. Took the whole gate apart and cleaning up the mechanisms etc to get things running clean and free again once I figure out what to do about this glass. I really hope I don't have to buy a whole new window just for that.....
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote