View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Re: 67-72 Chevy's with push bars or grill guards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treveiger View Post
I cant see it being to hard to make one, you need to be good on a welder or know someone that is and be good with fabbing things of course.
They're real easy to make. I made one for the '69 Power Wagon I had. First of all,they never made them for that truck.Second,I had 4" tube for bumpers. And third,I wanted mine tougher after seeing guys bend and mangle theirs up. Rather than 1/4" side plates,I used 3/8" and added the 3rd one at the bottom that most didn't come with. The tubes were 2.5" schedule 40 instead of " thin wall. I also made it shorter to come up to mid-grille just because I thought that would look better,especially since the grille had a horizontal break there.
I should remove the one on my shortbed and make a patter for the bumper contour so guys can make their own. That's the only thing challenging about it. You could extend it beyond the bottom of bumper and back to mount any way you want,but have a good reference point at the bumper.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote