View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #21
swamp rat

Re: Yes another 72 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by my90k5 View Post
I’m in a dilemma here, I’m about to do a frame off on my 72 Blazer. I thought about doing the original paint and interior but after seeing other colors (classic colors) I’m having a change of mind. I also don’t really like the old truck trany behind a healthy 350, it just doesn’t have the get up I’m looking for so I’m thinking of changing that out to an auto.

I guess I’m really answering my own question here, and yall (in your words) would probably say “it’s your truck do with it what satisfies you, you have to drive it”.

But in the long run would those who have dramatically changed there truck ever want to change it back to original? I really like that medium olive poly though.

Is this common, lol. I’m just an old guy who wants a clean good running proud to show off Blazer and keep the classic look. Ya know?

Should I keep the Ochre?

I would say if your not going for an origional restore then why worry about the color or tranny? My opinion is if i buy a truck with a standard tranny its getting changed to an auto eventually, As for the origional color it may be painted a different color.. But its utimatly up to you.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote