View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #12
Devillusion

Re: project: Gangreen

Shackle flip brackets removed, blasted and painte ready for install....front brackets for the 56" spring swap done as well (springs were 56's, not 52's like I originally thought). Stripped one pack of springs apart, removed the overload, ground them down, couple coats of chassis paint...just gotta get some new plastic pads from somewhere. Differential (D60) stripped down, cleaned up and painted with a couple coats of chassis paint.

Also fabed up a skid plate and weled it to the front differential cover. Nothing spectacular, but will be better than nothing at this point on the factory cover. Turned out alright. Gears/guts look mint, no issues what so ever. Someone even put in some new gear oil by the looks of it...nice and clean.

...anyone have a set of zero rates kicking around they want to sell? Also looking for a 1420 yoke for the 60 as well....long shot I know, but gotta ask. Going to need a set for the front spring swap to bring the differential back an inch.....it will move forward 2 inches. Might just have to order a set when I order my crossover steering.
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote