View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #649
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Not much this week, but every little bit helps.

I got the mounting straps for the blazer tank finished & tested them out. They're just steel strap w/nuts welded in place that will slip inside the tank spacers I made. Makes it easy to get the tank secured now since I just have to install the bolts from the bottom of the frame vs. trying to fish my fingers in between the rails to hold the hardware. The tank is securely bolted w/.375" GRADE-8 hardware to some 2"sq stainless tubing then the tubing is bolted to the frame rail (also w/.375" GRADE-8 hardware).

I cleaned up the ECE T/A x-member & got some color on it. I got the official 'buddy' approval tonight that it was a clean install (thanks Matt).

I'm still on schedule to hit the d.shaft shop on Sat morning @ 08:30 so I should have that finalized.

Yesterday & today was spent trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to snake a fuel line from the rear tank fitting, through the rear c-notch area, past the Z'd/boxed-in frame kick-up, & then past the Dropmember crossmember-reinforcement brackets.

It looks like 2 possibilities..... 1) Eliminate the engine fuel pump & go w/a low GPH electric fuel pump that's fed w/some braided fuel line. This would still have to snake through the c-notch & Z'd/boxed-in areas, but could terminate around the front shocks & run up the rear of the block to the carb vs trying to get it past the crossmember reinforcement brackets. Or 2) Just do the braided fuel line from the tank to the block mounted fuel pump & up to the carb. This might be a tight squeeze & be difficult to keep the hose from chafing anything. What I don't see happening is a 1pc hard line front to rear....

I also cut up a valve cover to start determining the breather & PCV possibilities. I'm going to research some compatible hose options tonight & use a 2nd extra v.cover as a test subject for welding the fittings (to get an idea on warpage/spacial constraints etc...).
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-05-2011 at 07:57 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote