View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #2943
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyev8 View Post
looks like you have a 68-72 booster and a mounting wedge for 60-66 trucks with power brakes

when I ran the 67-72 booster I ran it without the wedge and just bolted it to the firewall, I have since removed the 67-72 booster and added a captain fab bracket and 1988-98 booster, I never liked the idea of the booster mounted to just the firewall and not the re enforcing meant to carry the load of the brakes
If I bolt it to the firewall it will be bolted thru the steering column support which I believe is plenty of reinforcement. I also attached a pic of a 72 PB setup I have laying around. It looks like the rod end is longer than what I have on my truck now. I will look into it. Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdailey View Post
I agree. Good job buddy.
Thanks neighbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
Ours is mounted like that on the wife's '66.
I believe it kicks to the left for valve cover clearance with a v-8. I believe there were 2 options for these, a vertical and a horizontal bracket.
All I can figure is that you have the wrong linkage.
Thanks Joe, I remember us discussing this a while back. Still puzzleing me. I believe your right. Who knows what people do to these trucks during their life.

Here is a 72 booster setup
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote