View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
Rede

Re: New teritory for me. Need some help :(

I had someone else point out the mis-matched tires, however they both rotate 465 in one mile according to TSL's site so they shouldn't cause binding.
Fenders have been trimed, too far in some spots as you can see the inner fender peeking out.
These tires however aren't going on the truck again until I can find a Dana60 front diff and only for wheelin on the weekends.
I have 33"x10.5" kuhmo KL71's for the daily driving and they'll be used for the meentime on the trails fo now.

The 454 already has a Performer 2.0 carb intake on it and all the EFI parts have been removed. I re-used an Accel distributor with the oem brass gear machined and installed. And I bought a used holley 650 double pumper and I'll use either the new Holley fuel pump in my garage or a barely used Mallory pump. (I haven't looked up the specs to see which would be better)
Flowtech headers are also going to be ordered...if I ever get a quote.

The motor has only 136,000km on it, no signs of oil leaking (checked front/rear seals and heads/valve covers are still very clean), the intake and TB were also pretty clean inside. Pushrods didn't seem to have any varnish either from what could see and were still straight with no marks.

I'll admit that the truck does have hookey work that wasn't finished like the rear shackle robots being ground off on one side, but compaired to what's available locally to me, it's shape is par with everything else available.

I'll upload some pics this weekend, maybe tomorow if I have time.

Guess I'm just tired of watching my buddies havin a blast while I'm sitting around home, forced to watch tv with the wife...
Posted via Mobile Device
Rede is offline   Reply With Quote