View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
PD1292

Re: 72Jimmy 1st attempt at rust removal

Ok, bought this Jimmy from my brother about 5 years ago. I was living in Houston and was back to San Angelo for a visit. He asked if I wanted to go and look at a truck he was thinking about buying. I already had a 1970 Chev truck that i had bought in houston and did a small amount of repair to so he knew i had some (limited) knoledge about these trucks. We went to look at it and i observed it had factory air, power brakes, power steering, 4 wheel drive and a factory tilt column. 350/350 205 (i think on the 205 part). My brother worked at a pool hall and knew of the person who owned it and knew his grandparents had bought him the truck. As with many things we dont have to work for, the kid did not take care of it. He went 4 wheeling and hit some trees, crushed some rocker panels, thew mud around, dented every possible surface, broke a back side window, I am guessing he also broke and then threw away the lift gate, replacing it with a plastic snap on cover (lets water in), cut the A/C belt (pully froze up), and drove it until the transmission began to have problems and the engine was smoking. I think then he either gave it back to the grandparents or they were fed up with it, took it away and then they were going to sell it. Happy Day!!!!! (for us!!)
PD1292 is offline   Reply With Quote