View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #23
Rede

Re: New teritory for me. Need some help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by csb#356 View Post
Well it doesn't sound like you have to bad of a mixture of parts. I've definately seen worse. I wouldn't give up on the dana 44, they can be a plenty strong axle and I have seen many turn 38" tires, if not more,. Especially while you run the small block it will be fine, and just runnin around a swamp through the mud, you generally break stuff when you have traction, in mud you usually don't. ask yourself how hard are you really going to wheel this truck? Most people that go dana 60 do it because the 4 wheel drive magazines say you need one and it is usually overkill. Don't get me wrong I would love to overbuild all my vehicles but only you can decide if it is worth it.
while must of the places we go are softer, there are also some technical areas, massive ruts, some rough creek crossings, ect...
I'm afraid that if I drop a front tires into a rut while turning, I'll be walking home...that and I don't have a spare one kickin around.

I was told the front has a locker in it as well.
I don't know if he ment is been welded or maybe something like a full posi unit...

Is that going to be a factor?
Posted via Mobile Device
Rede is offline   Reply With Quote