View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
ortegamotor

Project : Chili Verde 1971 short fleet 2wd

Over the last 15 years i've owned at least 10 chevy trucks. So i have never had a shortage of parts laying around. So with these parts i've decide to put a truck together using old recycled parts that i've collected over the years. I'm just doing my part to save our environment by going GREEN! Reuse , Renew , Recycle... hence the name "Chili Verde" i started off with a 1971 short bed fleet side that i bought from a wrecking yard out in the cuts, you know a straight six , 3spd, power nothing. i got it home and proceeded to take off the front end to see what was going on there. the sheet metal was a bit rough so i decide to put a 68 front clip on that i've been sitting on. now we're headed in the right direction. by the way the truck cost me $1200. next i had a set of Air Ride c-10 air bags set up so i installed that as well as front and rear sway bars ,shock relocates, lowered front control arms and c notched the frame. i realize there are some really cool products out there to lower this truck, but the whole idea was to build a truck with stuff i had collected over the years. my next build will have a Dropmember and all that other cool stuff... so enjoy the pictures here we go. Tony
Attached Images

ortegamotor is offline   Reply With Quote