Thread: New guy garage?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: New guy garage?

Watch CL for cabinets.They work great for storage of tools that don't fit the BOX and can be used to store consumables.They're also easy to build a 2X top for use as a bench.Old school or gym lockers can also be used.Find some cardboard or plastic bins for smaller stuff.Bolt bin.A 3-4 ft air wand for blowing dirt etc. off of the shelves and things on them.A stand or rack for steel if/when you do fab work.^ welding table ^.I also like outlets hung from the ceiling to a height of about 7 ft.I can reach them and don't have to run so much extension cord.They are usually run in what is known as S.O. cord.A laundry room style sink works great for clean up and for cleaning parts(most water based degreasers are Bio friendly).When you think you have enough lights ,double them,then add a few in main work areas( be aware of the tasks to be performed there so you can adjust mounting for shadows).Get some task lights to use,I like the High intensity ones on a stand.You're not gonna get any younger and extra light makes your glasses stronger(LOL).A fire cabinet is nice to have for paint etc but you can get by with an old refrig,Just don't forget which is which when it's beer 30.
Buy a vise or two.One small/med for smaller stuff and the hugest big monster that you can solidly mount.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 04-14-2011 at 06:23 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote