View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #2915
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitDan View Post
nice enough wheels but they look out of place on that truck. that front bumper is a cut down front off a semi. I'm not a big fan of stacks, particularly when they are old semi stacks, and not even made for a pickup. I can appreciate the work that went into frenching them into the bedside, but the end result I have to give a thumbs down. I'm pretty set in my ways, and I've always felt form follows function, so if it doesn't serve a purpose I usually don't like it, plus whenever I see sheetmetal cut I think rust. There's no good reason to put stacks on a gas engine, or on a 6.2 diesel, which is what they truck would have come with. Course it could be a Cummins swap, but that's another story. A mudtruck or a puller I can see. They've gotten hugely popular with new diesel pickups, everybodys hacking up their beds and making a $50,000 truck loud and obnoxious and giving up bedspace just for looks. It does look cool when it's a tuned diesel than can roll coal.
I actually considered doing it on my 82, only because my existing dual exhaust is good right up to the front of the bed, and after that it needs replacing. My bed floor is not so great that I wouldn't cut it, it would be a pretty easy job. Might actually look kind of cool, but I don't think I want to have to push my toobox back to make room, and I wanted to put a backrack on for my light bar. So I'd have to put my lightbar on the roof. And even if it looked cool, I feel like I'd have to justify having a reason to do the stacks.
lol seen this and thought could be worse having to own up to this
Attached Images